Wow, what a crazy last few weeks it has been at Positive Heroes HQ. After the whirl of designer fittings, early morning photo shoots and near constant promotion of the show one way or another, it’s going to be hard to get our feet back on the ground.
But as our lives get back to normal, let’s look at what we achieved at this year’s show in numbers:
- Around R120,000 raised for Positive Heroes which will keep our doors open for another year
- Nearly 500 guests, sipping cocktails and nibbling canapés in our lounge
- A team of over 40 wardrobe coordinators, stylists, dressers, hair stylists and make-up artists working backstage
- 39 pieces of media coverage to date, and counting
- 36 stunning professional models
- 21 different collections on the runway provided by some of South Africa’s top designers
- 20 hard-working volunteers to man the door, lay out seating, sell raffle tickets, sort auction payments and just generally trouble-shoot
- 18 fabulous auction items, from designer garments to 5* getaways
- 6 wonderful raffle prizes
- 5 unique and extraordinary entertainment acts
- 3 photographers snapping away
- 3 winning designs in our t-shirt design competition hosted with Springleap.com in association with The Cape Town Fashion Council
- 1 green suit, beaded by the ladies of Woza Moya at the Hillcrest AIDS Trust
Phew, no wonder we are tired!